Finding Home

Finding Home
My shoes wait in the sand. They wait for me. Wondering where to next?

Tuesday 24 April 2012

HOME SALE - 1 CAR - FREE to a junk yard (or near offer)


I have writers block today. Sigh. It’s almost blasphemous to utter those words aloud. I think it’s because the sun left this morning, you know just up and packed its bags and said I’m tired of your demands; I’m taking a day off. I can take one day of sun retirement graciously, but more than one day in a row and I’ll have to start calling you Salt Lake City. That could get ugly. 
Today has been a bit of a fruit salad. Colorful and fruity - much like us. Anyway, I rolled over to face my sister during our afternoon nap earlier, she makes me laugh when she sleeps, it’s almost like she begs you to disturb her slumber because she’s so adorable. Anyway, I wanted to pick through the fruit salad of today’s events with her, and I needed her to wake up. No, not selfish at all. I call her name softly. "Serrreeeennnnee" Did I say softly? Oh, I meant loud and startling. I am close enough to her face that she can hear me, further enough so as not to get a head butt if she gets a sudden fright and moves. “What day is it?” she blurts out as she tries to open her eyes and sit up at the same time. Now that is talent.  I chuckle at her disorientation and feel somewhat bad for waking her, but not bad enough to let her go back to sleep. “Tell me about today” I said. I desperately wanted to replay Dad’s lyrical mastermind moment with his free style rap about his car that broke down - I needed a second witness. I don’t care who you are, or what you say, my Dad is a creative musical genius. Some people call a tow tuck when their cars break down... boring, my Dad writes a song. I cannot capture the essence of how brilliant and spontaneous it was, so I won't try, you just had to be there. Maybe I'll post the video of it if he gives his permission (we may need some legal jargon in place beforehand for the ownership rights.) My favorite line of the song was "Adrienne told me to take it to the mechanic" (I've never been a fan of "I told you so") but that preceded the chorus line of "WO, WO, WO is me." x 3 (for effect)
Yesterday we had 3 cars, and today 1 and a half !!?? (the other one had a sudden mysterious fuel tank problem?) they are dropping like flies. I must say, it's a sign. The sun decides to pack it in, and so do the cars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment