Finding Home

Finding Home
My shoes wait in the sand. They wait for me. Wondering where to next?

Saturday 15 October 2011

ESCAPE FROM HOME – Has anyone seen this calf?

When the phone rings and Uncle Adrian says “Tell Margaret (my mum) that the pet calves got scared from the fireworks and ran off down to Jared’s place” you kind of blink into the phone and wonder what exactly it is he expects YOU to do about it?
I tell mum who then starts to put on her jacket. The hour is late, and the air has begun to sting your skin on contact.
Me: Cough -Um, mum, do you need some help?
Mum: Oh, only if you want to?
Who doesn’t want an escape from Alcatraz calf adventure late at night right?
When we finally get to where the calves have escaped to, which by the way, is WAY down the road (after they maneuvered themselves somehow over the cattle stop!) Mum jumps off the 4 wheeler, mid-air in chase, and tells me to “kick it into gear and reverse”…
Sure Mum, I’ll just “kick it into gear and reverse”.  I have no idea how to drive a 4 wheeler. When the pressure mounts and the calf convicts are trying to escape- turns out you learn how to drive a 4 wheeler real quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment