Finding Home

Finding Home
My shoes wait in the sand. They wait for me. Wondering where to next?

Saturday 15 October 2011

HOMEWARD BOUND - Forget You Not Grandma

With tears in our eyes we reverently honored my Grandmother today. I am sure she looked down on us from her new home. I hope she liked what she saw. She has bought our family back together again- in more ways than one. Forget You Not Grandma. Those little blue flowers litter my thoughts of your life.
My Grandmother was a woman you could almost miss, for she only reached somewhere in the neighborhood of my arm. I could fold in half to reach down to squish her with a hug. You could not miss her Spirit though. My Grandma was as tall and as solid as an Oak tree. I towered over her in physical stature but she had a stature that towered over me. I used to look down and wonder how a person so small and cute could be so mighty. She was more than just faithful. She was more than just steadfast and immovable. She was Super Woman and super glue. She was heart and soul committed to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
She was my Grandmother.

No comments:

Post a Comment